- Outside my window… (weather, what do you hear, what do you see?) is about 40 degrees and windy. We just got through another major snowstorm (2nd one in February). We got about 2ft of snow…great for making snowmen but horrible for shoveling.
- my thoughts… are sad. My sister died last week (2/25) and I feel like something is missing. My sisters and brothers are integral to me. We are all so different yet we manage to truly love each other. I feel the loss of this one…like a number has been ticked off…one down 8 to go.
- Today’s Quote… Death can sneak up on you like a silent kitten, surprising you with it’s touch and you have a right to act surprised. Other times death stomps in the front door, unwanted and unannounced, and makes it’s noisy way to your seat on the sofa. Hugh Elliott, Bible Versus, 11-27-08
Author of the Standing Room Only Weblog (http://blogs.salon.com/0001573/).
- i am thankful for…more time…different days
- From my service training…(any skills, training etc; notes you want to share this week) appreciating the small touches…flowers on a table…changing curtains in a room…new pillows on the couch…scented candles…a new picture on the wall…a table clothsmall touches that make a home more comfy and inviting.
- From the kitchen…(menu for the week, what are you cooking?) nothing different this week…may make some lasagna though…feel in the need for comfort foods.
- i am wearing… a black cowl neck sweater, grey pants and black boots…hmmm I wonder if this is my Monday outfit as I seem to have worn the shirt and boots last week…lol
- i am creating…(crafts, sewing etc;) nothing at the moment.
- my adventures this week…(where are you going this week?) no adventures this week. I will be hanging around the house with my kids .
- Becoming well read…(what are you reading this week?) No books this week…just thoughts and adjustments.
- i manifest and co-create…(what are your hopes, dreams, and prayers this week) Words of hope and peace and confidence for my children. Words of perseverance and the desire to do it now instead of later. I pray for the upcoming move to be smooth and without any issues.
- Today’s Melody…(what music are you listening to? even if it’s just the sound of a bird…) No songs today
- One of my favorite things…is to receive a hug from someone who really wants to give it to me and to give one in return. I have realized that one of the walls I have built was one of keeping people away. It is hard for me to allow people to touch me and to really allow them to “touch me” in a physical/emotional way.
- further plans for this week…keeping it low…no plans for the week.
- Still….life(share a picture you’ve taken OR a picture you found online that speaks to you) Photo used with permission via stock exchange licence: http://www.sxc.hu/help/7_2
Here are the directions for these posts:
Once a week on Monday you will respond to the above prompts.. more is better. Post your response on your blog or website.
Mention my blog (service savoir faire) and offer a link back to the main page of the blog. This way others can participate in the project as well! www.servicesavoirfaire.blogspot.com
Also, feel free to look around this service site as it has many pieces of great information/resources.
So now that you know how, please feel free to join me.