- Outside the window of the train…it is still dark outside as I have been going into to work a bit early to make up some time. I’m always amazed at the amount of people who are out of the house and moving and 5am.
- my thoughts…are clear, peaceful and energetic…lol I have a lot of stuff to do and a lot of energy to do it with. This amazes me because I feel like for the past year of so my energy level has been non existent, my head has been cloudy and stuff has been happening around me. Like I have been operating singular focussed. Now I feel like I can actually participate fully in life.
- Today’s Quote… Know, first, who you are, and then adorn yourself accordingly. Epictetus From the Merriam Webster online dictions: adorn implies an enhancing by something beautiful in itself.
I love this quote. I love things that are simple yet effective. I find I complicate things way more than necessary anyway. I know I am Master’s slave and I adorn myself with His mastery, with His love, with submission to my Master, grace, honesty, commitment, and willingness to be His fully.
- i am thankful for…the small things in life and the clarity to see how important they are.
- From my service training…I am sinking fully into my space with Master and learning how more and more my submission to him changes my entire life. The skills I learn in speaking, cooking, presenting myself, accountability, and relating to him transfer to every part of my life in dealing with kids, family, co-workers. Feels really good to “live life wide awake”.
- From the kitchen… tonight I would like to try something different to cook so I will be searching for a quick but delicious recipe to fix for the kiddies
- i am wearing…black pants, black boots, black shirt with a white shrug
- i am creating…order and clarity. I am looking to find a cleansing ritual for my house. I think I will stop by the local shop that sells stones and such to see if they can help me find something
- my adventures this week… starting back to the gym…today…Thursday
- Becoming well read…A dragonfly in Amber…The Compleat Slave by Jack Rinella…listening slowly to the Four Agreements (again)
- Today’s Melody… And I gave my Love to you…by Sonja Marie (Waiting to Exhale Soundtrack) I wasn’t to enthused about the movie but I love, love the soundtrack. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrqOYlSZujA
- One of my favorite things…is to decompress with my kids after their day at school. Just chatting about stuff that happened to them that day and hanging.
- Still….life… mmmmmmm ice
Photo used per Creative Commons.
Master Void’s esclave
Interested in knowing where the idea for my weekly post came from…click this link. You will also find some great ideas on service even if you are without someone to serve.
2 thoughts on “Service Book of Days 9/17/09”
R- my mom used to smudge, well, everything. . but she’d smudge our apt every so often and even though I don’t believe the same things she does (she’s very into her Native American heritage)- it WAS incredibly relaxing and homey. The smell of white sage still brings back those feelings. AND- it’s something you can grow yourself so not only will you be using a traditional method of purification, it will be from the self even more fully (not that bought sage would be different in the ritual, but, do you know what I mean here?). You can get white sage bundles in most health food stores. She would also occasionally just walk around, stop, breath deep, exhale, and she was simply THINKING cleansing thoughts. Just having that calm seemed to make things. . . clearer; even though I had to ask her what she was doing (when she was done, of course)(LOL).
and, I love reading these, btw 🙂
Thank you as always for your comments 🙂
Sir and i were actually blessed at out collaring by one of our dear friends with sage. I still have the piece that was used. I am definitely going to take your suggestion and check it out further to be used in my house. Thank you for reading my ramblings and sharing your story.